Services Offered by River Bend Cemetery
We are actively providing spaces for full casket burial and/or cremation burial at reasonable prices. RBC also has a payment plan for those wishing to own a burial site at today’s prices rather than at a higher cost many years in the future.
- Available for casket burials are single graves, two-grave lots, and lots of as many graves as a family may need. Graves may be used for casket burials and/or numerous cremation burials. Lots may have a monument or a bench as the main headstone.
- Separate cremation-only gardens are situated on the shore of the Pawcatuck River.
- A columbarium has been installed and above ground spaces are now available.
- Graves must be paid in full before interment is permitted.
Special Memorials: Tree Beautification Program. Anyone can memorialize a loved one (buried in River Bend Cemetery or elsewhere) by having a tree planted to beautify the cemetery. The cost is $750, which includes the cost of the tree, the planting of the tree, and a 24″ x 12″ granite marker on the ground. Engraving of the marker is not included, but paid separately to a monument company.
Monument Cleaning: Power washing with a special stone cleaner will restore your monument or marker to “like new” condition. Call the office for estimates.
Policies at River Bend Cemetery
- No planting of trees, shrubs, or perennial bushes by lot owners
- No artificial flowers during the mowing season (April 1 to November 1). One live flower box or in-ground planting per lot.
- No wire, glass, statues, pictures, balloons, etc.
- Artificial flowers and holiday decorations allowed November 1 to April 1. Must be removed by April 1 or cemetery will dispose of them.
- Dogs are not permitted on cemetery grounds.
- No kites, baseball, gold, picnics, sunbathing, etc., in honor of deceased persons and out of respect for grieving families.
PLEASE CONTACT THE OFFICE IF YOU NOTICE VIOLATIONS OF THE ABOVE POLICIES. A COMPLETE BOOK OF RULES AND REGULATIONS IS AVAILABLE AND CAN BE SENT TO YOU UPON REQUEST.